Imelda Prunty BA (HONS) with a Professional Focus on Adult Education) has extensive experience in the adult learning field of education.
Imelda has worked in the field of further education for over 20 years as a computer skills instructor, part time college IT lecturer, project coordinator on various adult education projects and finally as Adult Education Officer with Louth Meath Education and Training Board.
In this role Imelda managed various adult education projects including two Back to Education Initiative projects, three VTOS projects, three Adult Literacy projects, eight Youthreach projects, two Community Education projects and seven self-funded night class projects across Louth and Meath. Imelda was also responsible for the leadership of eight EU projects.
- Further education Project Management Skills
- Strong understanding of education data systems; Imelda has extensive experience with the ETB data system PLSS including reporting and using the National Course Calendar
- Strong understanding and experience of QQI Quality Assurance
- Strong knowledge and experience of various ICT systems in use e.g. PLSS, Moodle, SharePoint, BKSB Literacy software, Office 365, Teams and Edmodo.
- Excellent experience in strategic planning and budget management
- Excellent IT skills
Imelda is currently engaged with Tara 365 Learning on mapping the business processes in an ETB QA service delivery including Program and Module validation processes and Assessment Management.
Imelda is a strong believer in the use of technology in education and was instrumental in introducing Moodle, SharePoint, online assessment, Edmodo (before Teams), interactive whiteboards and mobile laptop suites in her role as BTEI coordinator and Adult Education Officer.
Additional experience aligned to Education
- While AEO for LMETB Imelda was also responsible for the re-engagement with QQI and associated new quality assurance procedures.
- Imelda was responsible for reviewing and evaluating programmes to ensure they were in line with the FET strategy
- Imelda has designed and created a number of resources including work books, tutor handbooks, flyers, newsletters and posters.
- Imelda has designed, developed, and delivered bespoke educational courses